Wednesday 3 December 2008

Outfit Snap: Red Wool Komon & Parrot Obi

Finally, after nearly 3 weeks of kitsuke deprivement, I got to wear kimono today!

Actually, I wasn't supposed to wear kimono at all. However, the due date for one of my courseworks has been postponed, so I suddenly had a bit of free time!

Anyway, here are pictures of today's kitsuke:

The front:

The back:

With a shawl:

With scarf and hat:

With earmuffs:

Upclose:


The kimono came as a part of this lot of kimono I won for 2000yen. I think the lot had 7 kimono and 4 obi in it? Anyway, I calculated the prices and all, and I managed to figure out that each wearable piece cost about $17, shipping and all! So yay cheap stuff.

The kimono is red (slightly orange too) with a woven pattern that I can't seem to identify... The obi is a painted parrot obi that I bought a couple of months ago, because no one seemed to want it, and it was GORGEOUS. Of course, it's actually far too short for me, so I had aLOT of difficulty wearing it today! If I weren't so worried about bungling it up, I'd turn it into a tsuke obi! But first things first, I ought to try doing that on other obi....

I chose a yellow obiage to match the yellow flower and parts of the bird, and a green obijime to highlight the leaves, and to hopefully tie in the bag. I wore a white han'eri and white tabi with black zori.

This outfit seems to fit the Black, Red, White Challenge as well!

I actually changed my hairstyle after uploading these photos to braids, because there was something about the outfit that reminded me of my Showa Kimono Modan book, and lots of young girls had braids in those pictures. I haven't uploaded those pics yet, but I will do it soon.

I just realised I haven't posted pictures of the MCM Expo, or of my purple ensemble! *GASP* Must remember to do it soon....

Okay, back to work!


2 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That's a gorgeous combination! I love that red kimono!

Priscilla said...

Thank you! ^_^