Thursday 15 January 2009

Happy New Year...?

Haha, it's late, but Happy New Year! ^^;;;;;

First of all, I must make excuses as to why I haven't posted in ages. The reason is simple: When I was at home, I was lazy. There you have it. I did do lots of things though: I decorated the church for Christmas, I ate out alot, I wore kimono in KL Hilton for dinner, I baked cupcakes with my sister and a neighbour for a church event, my sister and I baked a load of other stuff as well, I helped with a family friend's wedding decorations, I went out with Liss once and I got my research stuff for my dissertation done! *phew* That was a busy 2 1/2 weeks! Chrissy, I'm sorry I didn't call you, but I didn't check my blog (sucky internet *grumbles*) till I got back to London :(

Anyway, I flew back to London on Jan 1st. Yeah, my New Year's consisted of 2 hours in KLIA, 14 hours on a plane, and another 2 hours in Heathrow. At least it wasn't too crowded in the airport then....

I have a new flatmate! MeiZi moved out, and this new guy moved in. His name is Dominic. He's quite quiet, so I'm feeling rather relieved. He's also nice, and really gets things done :) (refer to the story three paragraphs down).

My January exams have started. The first one was on Tuesday, which I have a feeling I screwed up, but at this point, I'll just settle for a pass :( My next one is on Friday, and is going to be the most difficult one so far. Blegh. I can't wait.

Yesterday was quite a bad day. First I had my crappy exam, then my toilet broken down. The handle-thingy you use to flush? That's completely loose now. As in you pull it and it comes out. I have no idea how that happened. The time I went to the loo before it broke down, it was perfectly normal, then suddenly BAM, it's down.

Dominic and I spent the whole of this morning chasing down people at Ludlow Thompson to get someone to fix it, because the plumber we called said that we had to get permission first. I finally got through to Dominic's contact when he was in a meeting, and she put me through to the client manager, who was supposed to call me this afternoon about this. He didn't. So we're going to have to chase him down, cos it sucks that we don't have a working toilet. I've been borrowing James's.

To make matters worse, I got my period today. I'm cramping, and in pain, and would like nothing better than to stay on a toilet bowl till pieces of my uterus start falling out (they actually do fall out with the blood. That's when I know the pain will start to ease up soon) but I don't have a damn working toilet to use. James's one is en-suite so it's rather embarrassing to have to knock on his door to use the loo. *grumbles* I really hope a plumber will fix it tomorrow, or Friday's exam is sooooooo gonna suck.

On a lighter note, we're going to have a kimono meet-up on 31st January! There's an event a number of us UK IG-ers are going to, and we're all (probably) going to wear kimono ^_^ My friend Hong and I are already planning our outfits! I'm letting her wear my snowflake one because she's so in love with it, and I'm going to wear my yagasuri kofurisode. Only thing is, we haven't coordinated obi or accessories yet... I was thinking of using my pink lily obi with my kofurisode to create a sweet look, but really, I'd like nothing better than a red or canary yellow obi to go with this for a vintage look!

Anyway, it's really late now so I ought to go to sleep. I have alot of accumulated pictures to post, but I'll do that after my Monday exam, or maybe in two Sundays' time! (I've got three exams - one on Friday, another on Monday, and the last one is on the Friday after that. Straight after my last exam, I'm meeting Hong for an okonomiyaki lunch, then we'll come back to my flat to finish coordinating our ensembles! And on Saturday, I'm going out with Krystal from English tuition waaaay back in Form 5 ^_^)

G'night ppl!

Zhen, thanks!! =^_^= Sure I don't mind going out sometime! :) Where do you stay now? Still the same flat? Or have you moved? I'm still staying at the one at Waitrose ^^ Umm if you don't mind, my last exam is on the 23rd, and I'm busy on the 24th, so maybe we can meet after that?


No comments: