Monday 27 April 2009

Dark Chocolate Cookies

I was hit with an intense craving for chocolate cookies tonight, so I baked some. I used a recipe for double chocolate chip cookies I found online, but modified it a little because I didn't want the chips but also wanted more chocolatey cookies.

Recipe:

150g chocolate
125g butter
200g sugar
1 large egg
60ml milk
1tsp vanilla
200g flour
100g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder

1) Heat oven to 175C.
2) Melt chocolate, set aside to cool a little.
3) Cream butter and sugar.
4) Add milk, egg and vanilla, blend well.
5) Add melted chocolate, blend well.
6) In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa and baking powder.
7) Add to creamed mixture, and form a dough. (Note: if your dough is still a little gooey and not easy to roll into balls, just leave it for about 15mins or so till the chocolate in it cools down. The mixture will firm up, then you can roll the dough easily :) )
8) Roll into balls, place on tray, then bake for about 15mins.

Just for reference, the original recipe is here.

The cookies turned out really rich and luscious. Very chocolate-y, and not at all sweet because I used dark chocolate. Mine also turned out a little ugly because instead of rolling them into neat balls, I just dropped spoonful of dough onto my baking sheet ^^;;;;;; So no pictures, sorry!

I prolly should add that these are really quick to make - it took me about 1 and a half hours from walking downstairs to storing the cookies. The dought took about 30mins to make, including preparation time. Another 45mins was for baking the cookies. This recipe yielded 41 uneven cookies. If you use only a teaspoonful of dough for each 2cm ball, you'll probably get about 60 cookies :)

Okay, I'm going to take a plateful of these and a mug of milk and read some manga :D Bai bai!


No comments: