Saturday 11 April 2009

Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes

If I'm not mistaken this is my 200th post! Hurrah!

Anyway, I was looking through my pictures folder and I came across pictures of cupcakes from Hummingbird Bakery which I had meant to share, but forgot to. Here is the best one! Don't they look delicious??? :D

Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes

I've been addicted to Hummingbird Bakery cupcakes ever since my sister brought me to an outlet on Portobello Road. They also have an outlet in South Kensington, so once in a while, when Mel visits, she'd bring along some cupcakes. (Mel studies at Imperial College, which is at South Kensington, and lives at Earl's Court, which is a quick walk to the bakery)

My favourite has always been the sinfully sweet red velvet cupcake, which is a chocolate cupcake dyed a lush velvety red and topped with a cream cheese frosting. I've looked for recipes, and the most common ones seem to be "make devil's food cake from mix, stir in one whole bottle of red food colouring, bake" o____O My dad will have kittens if he finds out!

Anyway, in this picture, Mel decided to bring along some other flavours.

Clockwise from left: Coconut something (I forgot), chocolate and red velvet (YUM!).

Ahh, aren't they pretty?? They're almost as cute as they are delicious :D I also introduced these to Hong, who isn't much of a sweets person, and the first time she ate it, she said it was so sweet she couldn't finish it. The next time she saw these, her eyes lit up, and she said that it was funny how addictive these are: she'd been craving them even though they are to sweet for her tastes! XD

Mmmm, I wish I had a red velvet cupcake in hand right now...


3 comments:

Walter said...

Hi Priscilla,
Yeah , they do look yummy ! And sinful !
Your 200th post :O Respect! My next will be the 20 th one ;)

I've seen more of your pictures that look red when taken indoors.
This is because light bulbs give of light that is more red than the pure white light from the midday sun.
Our eyes can adjust for this ,but your camera doesn't
Adjust the white balance on your camera to tungsten or to automatic white balance to get rid of it.

Anonymous said...

I saw alot of your posts and about how many pieces of Japanese traditional clothing you have i was wondering if you were wanting to sell any.

i was specifically looking at the Bunny Yukata. I live in Washington DC and would be willing to pay-pal your if interested. please email me.

Kristen
raverbune@yahoo.com

Priscilla said...

Hi Walter, thanks for the tip! I'm afraid I don't know my camera very well ^^;;; I think I'll have to play around with it alot before I'll figure out how to do what you said!! =^_^=;;;;

Hi Kristen :) Thanks for visiting! I'm really sorry, but the red bunny yukata isn't with me in London at the moment :( I've left it in Malaysia, and I won't be going home for at least 2 months! However, I do have some other yukata in London at the moment which I'm willing to part with :) If you're interested, please leave a message, thanks! :)