Saturday 30 May 2009

Outfit Challenge: Hanabi yukata - "Pop" style


Hanabi yukata - "Pop" style, originally uploaded by shira.C.

SO sorry it's late!! But I went out with Mel today, and we ended up spending the whole day together :D That will come in the next post.

Anyway, this is the very last hanabi yukata ensemble I created that day! I call it the "pop" style because it is very modern.

It all started with me wanting to use the hot pink obi. I matched it with one of my bags, and thought the hot pink looked really modern. I also used my modern geta that you've been seeing in some of the previous ensembles :D

I didn't know what to accessorize it with to make it fit with the modern theme, but I found a silver hairband I've had for a while and put it on. It's a little hard to see, but I'm also wearing a nice bracelet and my favourite ring with a rose motif.

So! Which one was your favourite? :D Which one should I wear to Bon Odori this year?



2 comments:

Petrina said...

I think this one. The pink comes out nicely with this one. Then again, I'm always partial towards pink... Shocking pink bags are not in limited supply in Ma's cupboard too...

Priscilla said...

Hahaha, yeah I remember :P The girls on the IG forums mostly voted for the first one, though.. Depending on the final vote (but it looks like that one will win) I think I'll wear that colour scheme, but in yukata style! ^_^