Saturday 24 September 2011

Video: Kimono & Obi Dressing in 5 Minutes

I'm getting a little bored of the closet features and book scans already hahaha.

I found this video years ago, and was just amazed at how fast this woman can dress a mannequin in kimono and obi - and so neatly too! I've been aspiring to be able to dress as quickly and neatly :)

My favourite part about this video is that the woman demonstrates a particular obi musubi that I've found particularly difficult - tsunodashi musubi. It's a very casual musubi that should only be worn with komon (I think of it as one step down from otaiko but one step up from hanhaba) but I really like how it looks with vintage kimono and obi.

Enjoy! :)



4 comments:

Lorea said...

I like the way she ties the obiage. Folding the obiage she makes a more full knot that makes it prettier.

Priscilla said...

Yes, it looks really good there! I still haven't mastered this way of tying my obiage yet hahaha

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for that video! It really helps me with figuring out how to tie that musubi! :)

Priscilla said...

You're welcome! Yes, that's precisely the reason why I can watch this video over and over and over again hahaha ^^;